Family Foundations gives our community an opportunity with each other and to build the culture of our community. Family Foundations will be offered to all parents of Rise Up Academy, during our school day.
CONTINUED EDUCATION AND GROWTH FOR MOMS
“Mom schools” are another way the members of Rise Up can contribute to our community through organizing and participating. The features that make such classes different from the regular offerings of the commonwealth are as follows:
- Prospective teachers who wish to teach a project other than LEMI scholar projects shall submit an outline and brief description of the class they wish to teach. This will be evaluated by the principal mentor for content, adherence to leadership education principles and relevance to the needs of Rise Up Academy families. The teacher and their plan will be presented to the board of directors for approval.
- Mom school classes occur at the Rise Up Location after regular family school hours.
- The moms in charge set the price for the class. The price must be for supplies only since we are a non-profit organization. Families interested in participating in the mom school pay the moms in charge directly.
- The class is advertised on the Rise Up Academy website, but enrollment is open to the community.
- Questions and concerns should be directed through a member of the Junior Board who is over Mom Schools.