LOVE OF LEARNING
Love of Learning classes are designed to help students fall in love with learning and build confidence in themselves. The Love of Learning class provides activities in math, history, geography, science, art, writing and literature.
Areas of Study
- Literature - The children will study from classical books. They will give oral presentations and do a variety of activities that help teach the concepts found in these classical literary works. They will also have the opportunity to learn basic writing techniques.
- Science - Love of Learning students will have the opportunity to explore nature in the world around them. Areas of focus in past years have included: a study of human anatomy, the animal kingdom, plants and botany, insects, and a basic study of physics.
- History and Geography - Children are encourage to learn about different culture in our world. Areas of focus in past years have included: a study of the US States, a study of Ancient Cultures throughout the world, a study of the Modern Wonders of the World.
- Math - Through the use of math manipulative, math games and other interactive activities children will learn about arithmetic and geometric fundamentals.
- Art - Each week children will have the opportunity to explore art in a variety of mediums.
Rise Up believes in having a Love of Learning class structure in which the teachers explore and grow along with their students.
This accomplishes at least three things:
- It helps the student and her mentors explore various fields of knowledge and skill and find her areas of passion and genius.
- It keeps the student actively and constantly engaged in learning, because it emphasizes things she loves.
- It allows parents and teachers to openly share their own learning passions and interests—which is incredibly inspiring to young people.
For more info please contact email@example.com